So you just finished creating your wonderful site, all the sweat, tears and hard work put into the design, the content, the mood of the site so now what…? Do you just sit back and wait? Definitely not. Once you know the site is optimized and you have done some testing, then the next step is to let Google and Bing know you are here. Don’t just wait for them to find you.
- Sign yourself up with a Google and Bing account, and then sign up with Google & Bing Webmaster Tools
- Set yourself up an XML site map – you can use free tools like, http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
- You will have to follow the instructions for site verification. See screen shots below to give you an idea.
- If you wish to submit to Yahoo, you also must have a Yahoo ID.
- You can then within the webmaster tools, submit your site. Though if you have done the xml site map properly, this will give enough information to the search engines to pick up your site. Make sure to go back and review your webmaster tools, as they give you tons of good information to help you to continue to tweak your optimization, content, broken links etc.
For more information, I will be speaking at the Company of Women, Toronto Breakfast networking group on February 8th. See www.companyofwomen.ca to register. If you are unable to attend, I provide 1 hour slot Skype consultations. My Skype ID is insitecreations. As well will be holding other public seminars or one-on-one training sessions. Feel free to contact me if interested in signing up to learn more.